Electric Zone provides reliable residential electrical services. Our experienced electricians can take care of all your residential electrical needs. We provide a full range of residential services including diagnose, repair, lighting design and wiring at your home or apartments.
Residential Electrical Services
Diagnosis and Repair
Home wiring problems are threats for dangerous fire electrocution safety hazards. Many electrical accidents are the results of electrical wiring issues; that are the reason that you should trust the installation and checkups of your house wiring to experienced and qualified professionals. If you have any problems with electrical wiring of your home, business house or apartment, don’t hesitate while safety of your family, home and apartment are at risk. Our professionals are here to quickly and safely address your apartment’s electrical wiring. Basic and everyday electrical tasks that may include installing equipment or replacing a light switch, which you may be capable of, are not enough to guarantee your safety. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation International residential electrical systems annually cause nearly 55,000 fires, 500 deaths, 1,400 injuries, and $1.4 billion in property damage. Our safety experts will help you avoid the risks and keep your family and property safe. Our professional services will help you quickly and efficiently diagnose and repair any electrical wiring issue of your home, business house or apartment, such as:
• Power surges
• Intermittent power
• Overloaded circuits
• Service panel issues
• Improper grounding
• Frequent circuit breaker trips
• Redundant wiring
• Outdated wiring
• Insufficient voltage
• Insufficient incoming amperage
• Exposed or damaged wires
• Dead outlets
• Outlet sparks
• Faulty switches
• Flickering lights
• Hot receptacles
• Frequent light bulb burnouts.
We offer you quick and efficient services and provide accurate and up-to date information and consultation to help you avoid any type of risk. Apart from the main services, our professionals also offer you regular checkups for the purposes of electrical wiring safety and preventing all the threats, checking from GFCIs and wiring upgrades to identifying electrical fire and shock dangers at your home, business house and apartment.
Sign up for our advantage plans to get our services with more convenient terms for you:
• Safety: Electrical accidents at your apartment can usually be prevented by knowing how they’re most likely to occur. Safety checkups by our professionals ensure the safety of your apartment. We will report the findings with the necessary repairs.
• Priority Scheduling: We provide priority services according to the existing emergency needs.
• Our Services and Professionals: You can rely on our service professionals and experts with many years of experience, a full background and licenses.
• Record and reports: We record and report every type of maintenance and repair after the completion of work.
• A Transferable Agreement: In case you sell your home and move into another apartment, the Advantage plans we provide are fully transferable.
We want you to use the electricity you need, but we want you to use it safely. Our professionals will find a resolution to any problem with the electrical needs at your apartment. Trust our experience!
Installation and Updates
With today’s rapidly technology growth the need for electrical equipments also grows. Electricity helps us everyday do many things quickly and conveniently both at home or business house. With all these advances the electronics are becoming more user-friendly, as well as cost-effective to operate. With the technology development the aging electrical systems of many of today’s homes are becoming ineligible. Today the necessity standards of household power have become 200 amps and 40 circuits from 60 amps and 12 circuits that were nearly 30 years ago.
Apart from our services that will help you conserve energy and save your money, as well as provide safety of your home and apartment, we offer services from custom lighting design to electrical panel upgrades, electric vehicle/hybrid charging stations, and others to raise the status of your home or business house.
Electrical Safety and Security
Many electrical accidents are the results of electrical wiring issues; don’t let them put your family and home at risk of accidents. Trust the installation and checkups of your house wiring to our experienced and qualified professionals to quickly find the resolution and prevent any type of risk!
Energy savings are not only beneficial from the point of view of saving money, but also beneficial for the environment. We can help you to save energy at your apartment and provide from energy audits to solar solutions beneficial for you.
Interior and Exterior Lighting
We provide services that fit your apartment’s lighting needs, both interior and exterior. The offered services include from task lighting to safety, energy savings, and wireless lighting solutions.
Electrical System Updates
Homes equipped with high-tech appliances and devices, home automation and other technologies will benefit from electrical improvements. The panels that are not able to serve and protect electronic appliances will prevent their usage. Upgrading wiring and appliances will prevent fire and electrical safety hazards, as well as you will not have to deal with circuit breakers and worn out appliances. It will lower the utilities, save energy and protect the environment. Apart of all these positive aspects, today’s devices can increase the value and status of your apartment. Today most of the apartment buyers require appliances that are energy efficient and highlight the importance of upgraded wiring of the apartment.
A wiring upgrade can be messy and expensive, but there are times when it’s necessary to protect the safety, convenience, and value of your home. Any electrical work needs knowledge based on experience. You can rely on our service professionals and experts with many years of experience and full background. Our licensed professionals will handle any requirements of installation and upgrade of wiring. Contact us and trust our professionals!
Electrical System Maintenance
Electrical maintenance is a must in every home or apartment and ignoring it is a mistake. Worn-out electrical wiring and appliances and inaccurate installation may put your family, home and apartment at risk or decrease the value of your property.
Below are the steps to keep the electrical devices working properly:
In order to prevent fire and prolong the life of both fixtures and bulbs, we ensure each light fixture incorporate a bulb with the proper wattage.
In order to reduce electrocution risk in moisture-prone areas of your home, we regularly test GFCI outlets.
• Smoke Detectors
For safety purposes we regularly test smoke detectors (once a month) and the batteries should be replaced (once a year). Every 10 years the smoke detectors should be replaced by a new one, as expired detectors are not reliable.
• Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide detectors need to be tested (once a month), as well, and the batteries should be replaced (once a year).
• Outdoor Electrical
We check and replace outdoor electrical in case of need.
• Surge Protection
We check house surge protectors regularly, in order to work properly and to avoid the damage of sensitive and expensive electronics.
• Backup Generators
Backup generators protect your family and home from unexpected power outage, that’s why to keep your home safe, regular generator maintenance should be performed. The generator maintenance includes: starting the generator to check function bi-annually, keeping the area around it clean, changing oil as recommended by the manufacturer, maintaining fresh and proper fuel levels, replacing distilled water in the battery, cleaning spark plugs, and routinely checking wires, buttons, bolts, connections, elements, and the ground for functionality and safety. Once a year there is also a need to perform professional maintenance and calibration.
• Electrical Panel Maintenance
Old electrical panels are worn-out and don’t guarantee your safety, unlike the new ones. There usually arise such problems, as wiring and over sized or undersized breakers. We offer you to test the panels regularly.
• Home Rewiring and Code Updates
Wiring codes are updated every three years in USA for the safety reasons within the country. Electrical maintenance issues include outdated knob and tube or aluminum wiring, exposed wiring, ungrounded outlets, and lack of compliance with current electrical code requirements. These risks are usually found at old homes and apartments.
• Electrical Inspections
We offer electrical inspections to guarantee your safety and protect the value of your property. Our professional team will address electrical maintenance issues of your apartment. We provide services such as identifying safety issues requiring immediate attention, areas for improvement, potential upgrade possibilities, and providing you a quote for necessary repairs.
An Advantage Plan offers the ultimate in meeting your home electrical maintenance needs, featuring: safety, priority scheduling, our services and professionals, record and reports, a transferable Agreement Turn to our services to keep the electrical devices of your home, business house or apartment working properly and safely.
Electrical upgrades insure a range of benefits, including save energy save, cost-effectiveness, increasing home status and value, and protecting your apartment from accidents.
We provide quality custom home lighting design that perfectly fits your home’s atmosphere, creating the mood in your apartment. Our professionals provide the lighting design and décor according to your requirements and needs.
Exhaust Fan Installation
Our team installs exhaust fans to prevent unpleasant odors, keep temperature in control and prevent the moisture that can damage your house or apartment. Our skilled team will keep you satisfied with every aspect of our services.
Electrical Panel Upgrades
Electrical panel updates help you avoid electrical issues. Today’s new electrical panels are more reliable and safe than their outdated predecessors.
Circuit Breaker Replacements
We offer circuit breaker replacement that can resolve issues without upgrading electrical panel and preventing electrical fires.
Ceiling Fan Installation
Adding a ceiling fan to a room can add both beauty and comfort to a room. Ceiling fan installation is a long and complicated process. Our professionals install all types of ceiling fans quickly and efficiently, saving your time.
EV Charger Installation
We offer you professionally installed charging stations that are convenient and safe for you and your home. We provide a wide range of charging stations and circuit protection equipment solutions according to your requirements and needs.
Other Services include:
• Electrical inspections
• Ballast and bulb replacement
• Transformer installation
• Wireless lighting controls
• Programmable thermostats
• Data and communication lines
• Hi-tech troubleshooting
• Hot tub and sauna installation
Our professional electricians provide the expert installation and reliable maintenance you need for a modern, efficient, and safe home. Contact us and provide us with the description of your need. We will quickly get back to you!
Electrical Safety and Security
Electricity powers your lifestyle, providing comfort, convenience and security. Electricity is an integral part of our daily lives and safety is our number one priority. That is why, Electric Zone provides you accurate information and consultation on safety and security terms.
Electrical outlets should meet current code standards. The right outlet for the job is essential to the safety of your family, appliances, and home.
CO Detectors and Smoke Detectors
In order to ensure safety and peace in mind maintain your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors at home. The most important priority should be safety. Change your air filters and schedule an annual electrical inspection regularly.
Older wirings should be kept well-maintained regularly. Original, untouched knob and tube wiring is safe, but it also should be inspected to determine its stability over the long-term.
Motion sensors are electronic devices that are used for motion detection. They are important from the point of view of security and convenient for their use in the dark. They are time saving and cost effective, unlike the lights that controlled by a switch.
Home Standby Generators
Having a home standby generator is important especially for people in areas prone to severe weather and power outages. It provides security and confidence that home life will continue uninterrupted, no matter the weather conditions outside. Contact Electric Zone and our professional electricians will provide complimentary safety checkups with every service call for you and your family’s safety.
Home Energy Savings
Saving energy, increasing efficiency and conservation are main and important ways to reduce our overall energy consumption. Saving energy means to save money by reducing our electrical bill and lower the stress we put on the environment by using less energy.
Here are the main advantages of energy savings:
• Monetary: Saving energy simply means saving money. Your utility costs can be decreased by properly insulating your home, as well as more efficient appliances reduce your electric load.
• Comfort: An energy efficient house has more natural light and so it is less artificial, which is better for your health, eyesight, it also reduces stress and keeps conditioned air at your home. Thus, it is comfortable and convenient.
• Temperature: An energy efficient house has fewer drafts and therefore the temperature is more even throughout the house.
• Environmental: By saving energy we are reducing the contamination of air, land, and water. It helps control climate change and air pollution in the environment.
Electric Zone professionals and experts can find the best solutions for energy efficiency for your home and apartment.
A good power conditioner filters and cleans incoming power and improves your equipment’s performance. It helps to increase the longevity and stability of your electronics and appliances.
We provide lighting control that has high quality, saves energy and is user-friendly with remote control.
Power Consumption Meters
It helps to determine how much energy your home and each electrical appliance or device utilizes. It also helps you save and reduce your energy usage.
Solar Energy Systems
Solar energy simply is the energy that comes from the sun. It reduces your carbon footprint, increases your property value, and saves money.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
It eliminates the standby losses of tank systems and reduces energy use, producing water when you need it, where you need it.
Light Dimmers and Timers
Light dimmers and timers conserve energy, they are cost effective and safe.
Electrical System Upgrades
The main and the most important factor for electrical system upgrades is the safety and security of your home or apartment according to the standards.
The need to reduce energy costs is an important aspect, and energy audits have begun to play a more significant role in managing energy expenses. Energy audits most commonly consist of an analysis of energy usage within your house or apartment and its contained equipment, thus helping to take in control the use of energy.
The professionals from Electric Zone can help you with solutions relating the described services. Start saving now!
Specialty Home and Outdoor Lighting
Electric Zone has a skilled team of professionals to provide custom lighting solutions for your home’s interior and exterior lighting needs, from simply improving available light to changing and improving your home’s look. Here are the type of lightings we offer to our customers:
• Direct lighting. Direct or task lighting focuses on work space and function.
• Indirect lighting. Indirect lighting enhances the feel of an area.
• Safety and security. Lighting is an essential factor for safety and security, especially along exterior walkways, sidewalks, and entries. The lighting should also be in balance, as too dim will fail to ward off intruders, while too bright will disturb and increase the cost of energy.
• Décor. Wall sconces, directional lighting, and more can create your home’s look, focusing and highlighting the architectural elements.
• Bathroom and Kitchen Lighting. Electric Zone offers bathroom and kitchen lighting among the top ways to boost resale value and highlight features.
• Recessed Lighting. Recessed lighting can be a key element in both the function and style of the space. It can provide dramatic, low-profile illumination for every room of your house and apartment.
• Track Lighting and Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is mainly used most commonly for illuminating walks with subtle light. They are inexpensive ways to transform your house.
• Outdoor Soffit Lighting. Outdoor Soffit Lighting provides safety, security and ambiance.
• Landscape Lighting Design. We help you design your landscape lighting by considering how you intend to use the space.
• Wireless Lighting Controls. Wireless lighting controls offer flexibility and cost savings and allow you to control lighting and small appliances in your home remotely.
• Light Dimmers and Timers. The main advantages of light dimmers and timers are saving energy and your money, as well as, improving security, while you aren’t at home.
• Holiday Lighting. We offer both installation and maintenance of holiday lighting displays as well as a large selection of lighting choices.
We can make your imagination come true. We can find solutions that perfectly fit the style, shape and color of your home.
Home Lighting Design
Light is one of the most important elements in your home. Each room takes a great deal of its character from the amount and quality of light within the space. Electric Zone electricians offer lighting designs to highlight the best features of your home in their advantages. We can recommend your home’s lighting design solutions according to your needs. When it comes to specific lighting issues, our experts are here to help you. We provide consultation for drawing up the lighting plan.
Below is the list of factors that should be considered designing home’s lighting:
• Activities that occur in each room or outdoor area.
• The atmosphere that should be created.
• Any special needs.
• Focal points that should be highlighted.
• Lighting for safety and security: motion sensing lights, timers, remote controls and more.
• Details of the room, like rooms with dark or light walls.
Professionally planned lighting helps you create the mood you want in each area: around the pool or along the garden path.
Electric Zone Creates Lighting Design with Energy Efficiency in Mind
Our experienced electricians will create the lighting design of your apartment with energy efficiency in mind. We will make suggestions that are cost-effective and efficient.
We offer the following lighting design solutions:
• Task Lighting
• Decorative Lighting
• Ambient Lighting
• Path and Exterior Lighting
• Kitchen Counter Lighting
• Architectural Lighting
• Reading Area Lighting
• Bath and Shower Lighting
Remodel Your Home with Light
Anytime you want to change something in your house, you don’t need to tear down walls to create a new atmosphere. You can remodel your home or apartment with the help of light. You can count on us to provide functional, efficient and creative lighting solutions for your home. Contact us and get the best and efficient lighting solutions!
A standby home generators help to keep your power on during an outage. Without a home generator, you may be left in the dark. In case of power outage, home generators allow you to more easily meet basic life requirements until power is restored. They are useful in the event of both short and longstanding power outages.
Home generators are useful in a variety of described situations:
• Blackouts: Home generators may be used when there is an extreme in temperature or there isn’t enough energy to meet demand.
• Inclement weather: lightning, snowstorms, heavy wind, etc.
• Damage from animals: second only to severe weather as a leading cause of power loss.
• Natural disasters: earthquakes, floods and fires.
• Auto accidents: interruptions in service resulting from unexpectedly and irrevocably damaged electrical equipment.
Types of Home Generators
Portable home generators power a few basic essentials in your home. They are manually started and connected to necessary appliances. They are cost-effective but operate fewer appliances.
Stationary or Standby
Stationary generators usually sot more than portable ones but can operate all or most of your home’s electrical needs.
The Right Size is Essential
Electric Zone professionals will calculate the wattage on essential items you wish to run with your generator simultaneously to determine the right capacity generator to meet your requirements. Contact us and get the best and efficient home generator solutions!
Electrical Panel Upgrades
Electrical panels are used to provide electricity appliances of your home or apartment. The power flows into your home through this panel where it branches out into major electrical branches, dwindling into smaller branches in order to distribute power. Electrical panels provide safety and security to your house.
At home usually they are mounted on the walls of laundry, garage, basement, etc, or even outside of your home.
Old electrical panels may have the following problems:
• Flickering lights.
• Breakers that constantly trip or fuses that frequently blow.
• The need to turn off one appliance to use another.
• Melted electrical wires.
• Defective circuit breakers.
• In short, old electrical panels result in danger to your family and property resulting from fire and electrical shock.
Signs that show the need of electrical panels:
• Crackling sounds from your panel box.
• Corrosion or rust on the breakers or panel.
• Overheating electrical service conductors.
• Appliances running at less than full power.
• Two pronged (non-grounded) outlets.
• Your home is not equipped with GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters) in necessary areas.
• You find yourself frequently seeking extension cords.
• You need surge protectors to protect the appliances in your home.
• Your home was built with, and still runs on, a 60 amp electrical service.
• Your home uses a fuse block panel or split-buss panel (electrical panel with no main breaker).
• The 100 amp electrical service in your home is insufficient for operating necessary appliances.
• The renovation of your home, particularly the kitchen, which is appliance-heavy.
• You are adding a home addition.
• The addition of a major appliance, such as central heating and air, stoves, spas, garage power equipment, and more.
• You need/are adding outlets to your home.
• To meet homeowners insurance requirements.
• You’re in need of a 240 volt circuit.
• You need to add a sub panel.
If you find some of these signs at your home, you should have a new electrical panel installed immediately. Contact us and our team of professional electricians will install a new panel quickly. Federal Pacific Electric Electrical Panel
Federal Pacific Electric Company (FPE) was one of circuit breaker panels manufacturers in North America from the 1950s to the 1980s. Millions of their panels were installed in homes across the country. They have design, which can cause fires and shocks.
Zinsco Electrical Panel
The panels were extremely popular and installed in many regions throughout North America. Their design and flaw provides power even when there are breakers. This panels shock hazard and should be replaced with a new electrical panel. Pushmatic Electrical Panel
These panels house weak breakers that become difficult to reset over time, necessitating a new electrical panel.
Fuse box can only handle 30-60 amps of power, moreover they can cause electrocution safety risks.
Electric Zone professionals can help you prevent safety risks and determine the requirement for the new electrical panel.
Circuit Breaker Replacement
A circuit breaker is connected to an electrical circuit and is designed to stop the power flow though the circuit in the event there is a surge, arc, or short. Breakers within your electrical panel can sometimes go bad. We will help you to identify if your circuit breaker works properly or should be improved and replaced.
Symptoms of Overloaded Circuit Breakers
If you have old circuit breakers, they should be replaced as they can go bad from time to time. Turn to our professionals, who will check your circuit breakers and in case of need replace them for your safety.
Benefits of Circuit Breaker Replacement
• Protect expensive electronics from electrical risks or damages
• Save your data from your computer in case of electrical interruptions
• Provide uninterrupted internet connection
• Minimize the risk of fire when your old breaker gets overloaded
• Protection from tripping the circuit breaker, while using one or two electrical devices at once
Risks of Improper Installation
• Improper installation can leave you vulnerable to fire.
• Improperly installed circuit breakers can result electrical surges and interruptions.
• Circuit breakers must be installed to code for safety and insurance reasons.
Electric Zone provides with skilled professionals to install or replace your circuit breaker promptly and professionally. With new circuit breakers you’ll be able to freely run one, two or more appliances and devices at once without fearing about your electronics.
Our professionals will do electrical checkups for your whole home to ensure that your home’s electrical systems are working properly and safely. Don’t hesitate to contact us today!
They called to confirm, showed up on time, did a fantastic job quickly, cleaned up, was polite and the job couldn't have been better! I'd give him an A+ if I could and will have the Electric Zone back for more work soon.
The technician is simply terrific--punctual, reliable, fast, trustworthy, and does solid work. I recommend him highly and will definitely work with him again.
Installed new 200A electric panel (also dealt with city permit), installed multiple wall outlets, ran new power line under the house and up to the roof and into the garage, added light switches, etc. Everything as promised, well done
They installed some LED lights under my kitchen cabinets, and relocated a light fixture in the ceiling and relocated an eletrical outlet in the wall. They do a really good job, trustworthy, friendly, and does things per code
We were adding an outdoor electrical box for our new sprinkler system. He was great! He showed up right on time with his team. He walked our property with us and discussed all options and obstacles. They did the job quickly and very neatly too... They even took their shoes off every time they entered our house...
Exhaust Fan Installation
Exhaust fans are used to make the rooms more pleasant, comfortable and healthier. The fans provide necessary ventilation to areas of the house where needed. Electric Zone skilled electricians offer their services to install fans, if you don’t already have them, or repair, in case they aren’t functioning.
Which Rooms in Your Home should have an Exhaust Fan?
• Bathroom (eliminates foggy mirrors, excess heat and limits mold growth)
• Kitchen (dissipates cooking smells, grease and heat)
• Garage (clears out unhealthy, even dangerous fumes that can accumulate, especially an attached garage; clears fumes from car exhaust, power lawn mower fumes; chemicals stored such as paint thinner, adhesives, etc.)
• Attic (prevents attics from becoming stuffy and too warm; protects items stored there from getting get moldy, prevents wood rot on floors or furniture) What are the Main Reasons to Use Exhaust Fans?
• Removes excess humidity from the air (from showering or cooking, for example)
• Comfort and convenience
• Odor control and quick ventilation of fumes
• Better indoor air quality
• Prevents condensation and limits mold growth
• Prevents damage to walls and the home’s structure
• Temperature balance
• Prevents from accidents
When improperly installed and not vented to the outdoors, exhaust fans just send the excess airborne moisture to another area of the home to damage wood, cause mold growth, etc. If your fans aren’t clearing out moisture and odors, like they’re supposed to, improper installation may be the problem. Or you may need larger or more powerful exhaust fans. That is the main reason that you should turn to our service to install exhaust fans safely. Modern fans not only exhaust air, but many also include a lighting fixture and/or heating unit. If you have a bathroom (especially one without a window) or kitchen without an exhaust fan, you’ll really notice the difference after your Electric Zone professional installs your fans. If your current fans are too small, underpowered or improperly vented, our electrical experts can install the right exhaust fans to solve your home ventilation problems. If you’re lacking exhaust fans or yours are in disrepair, contact us.
Ceiling Fan Installation
Ceiling fans are a great way to keep your home comfortable year-round. Learn how to get replaced an existing fan or light fixture with a new ceiling fan. Electric Zoneprofessionals provide expert ceiling installation services with upgrades. Leave the job to our experienced professionals and get on with your busy day.
Ceiling Fan Benefits
• Save energy and increase comfort in summer: In hot weather, ceiling fans cool, conditioned air creating comfortable atmosphere.
• Lower electric bills: Ceiling fans can help lower your electric bill in winter.
• Light up the room: Ceiling fans with lights allow you to contribute to the layered lighting design of your room. Electric Zone electricians can help you upgrade or replace your old ceiling fans with a lighting kit.
• Useful indoors and outdoors: There are specially made fans for outdoor use.
• Ceiling fans are a style driven accessory: Ceiling fans may also be used for decoration needs for your kitchen, dining-room, living-room, etc. We can install ceiling fans according to your requirements regarding its size, materials, lighting styles and other features of your ceiling fan.
Today’s ceiling fans are more efficient, with improvements in motors, controls, blade design and reduced weight.
Call Us for Your Ceiling Fan Installation
• We have licensed and experienced electricians to install your ceiling fan safely.
• Our electricians are professionals in the field and reliable. They are prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and professional, who are dedicated to safety and energy efficiency.
• Our high quality services will guarantee the results.
• Our goal is to give customers peace of mind whenever we visit the home and our complimentary professional electrical inspection is one way we do that.
Turn to us and we will help you with prompt and professional services in the field.
EVSE Installation and Service
Electric Zone offers advanced and fully featured residential charging systems available and provides professional EVSE installation and service.
What is EVSE?
EVSE stands for electric vehicle supply equipment. It provides electric energy to recharge electric vehicles.
Electric Zone EV charger installation includes:
• Full inspection of all equipment prior to the installation.
• Site inspection to be sure the equipment is installed according to manufacturer’s requirements.
• Electrical system upgrade.
• Our professionals will install your EVSE equipment to conform to all National Electrical Code and permit requirements.
• We conduct start-up inspection to be sure if the equipment is functioning properly and safely.
• We provide on-site electrical consultations and full information regarding equipment features, correct usage, limitations, necessary maintenance and warranty terms.
The electrical outlets are used to deliver energy to your apartment. In order to protect your safety from any risks the electrical outlets of your home should be regularly maintained and upgraded.
Worn-out and improperly installed outlets may be potential risks for your family and home. The National Electrical Code (NEC) updates electrical codes every three years for the purposes of protection of your home and apartment from risks. Our professionals can help you to identify and resolve the issues connected with electrical outlets.
Electric Zone electricians will provide outlets from USB outlets for charging electronics without the need for bulky power adapters, to electrical outlets specifically designed for your electric or hybrid vehicle. There are types of outlet options available to make your life easier and update your home.
Child Proof Outlets
Child proof outlets are designed to protect your children from different injuries and risks. Also called tamper-proof receptacles, these electrical outlets are so effective that as of 2008 the National Electrical Code (NEC) has required their installation in all new homes.
Specialty outlets have the technology that you need for for convenience, upgrades, and safety.
GFCI Electrical Outlets
GFCI Electrical Outlets are based on GFCI protection. They help to reduce the risks of electrical shocks and help prevent electrocution. If a person’s body starts to receive a shock, the GFCI senses this and cuts off the power before he/she can get injured. GFCI electrical outlets are now required for all laundry areas, kitchen dishwashers, and outdoor electrical outlets.
Whole House Surge Protection
A common misconception many homeowners have is that they can protect their home from dangerous lightning strikes and voltage surges simply by plugging their TV or computer into a power strip or just installing a surge protective panel. We advise you to protect the technology in your home from damage installing a whole house surge protector.
A dedicated circuit is a circuit serving only that appliance, which may be refrigerators, freezers, electric range, electric water heaters, furnaces, washers, dryers, microwaves, dishwashers, and garbage disposals. Protect the appliances of your home by installing dedicated circuits.
Electrical Safety Inspections
Electrical safety inspections are required to identify and improve electrical safety issues. Electric Zone experienced professionals offer their services to periodically inspect the electrical safety of your home and apartment.
Periodic inspections will include:
• Revealing overloaded electrical circuits or equipment.
• Finding potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
• Identifying defective electrical work.
Code Updates and Corrections
Electrical codes are updated every three years by the National Electric Code (NEC), in order to protect people and property from electrical risks and dangers. Check if your home is up to the current standards.
Transfer switches help to supply necessary power from your generator to your home
In case of any electrical issue contact us and Electric Zone skilled professionals will find a resolution to any problem with your electricity.
Electrical Code Updates
Electrical codes are updated every three years by the National Electric Code (NEC), the nation’s singular code for safe electrical installation, in order to protect people and property from electrical risks and dangers. Check if your home is up to the current standards. Prepared under the direction of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the NEC sets electrical code standards for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection to protect people and property from electrical risks and dangers. The NEC’s electrical codes are updated every three years to reduce the possibility of electrical accidents and risks. The most current edition is the 2014 NEC.
Being informed about the electrical code updates, reduces the risk for electrical accidents.
The professionals at Electric Zone are well-versed on electrical code:
Along with electrical code updates, it’s important to have a professional to check and update new electrical codes. Trust our professional electricians, allowing them to:
• Check your home’s electrical wiring and equipment, installation, and more.
• Protect you from accidents that may arise from electrical incidents in your home or apartment.
Current electrical code updates for 2014 include:
• GFCI protection for laundry areas
• GFCI protection is now required for all 125-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere receptacles installed in a laundry room, whether or not a sink is present.
• GFCI protection for kitchen dishwashers
• GFCI protection for all dishwashers, whether they include a receptacle outlet or are hardwired in
• AFCI protection for kitchen and laundry areas
• AFCI protection for 120-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere branch circuits supplying not just outlets but also devices that are installed in rooms
• Dedicated circuits for the charging of electric vehicles
• New provisions have been added requiring a dedicated, separate branch circuit serving no other outlets for charging electric vehicles to prevent the overloading of circuits.
• All 15- and 20-ampere, 125- and 250-volt receptacles installed in a wet location – including temporary installations – must have an enclosure and covers that are weatherproof whether an attachment plug cap is inserted or not.
• And hundreds of other changes furthering electrical safety…
Contact us today and we will ensure the safety of your home and family with the most up to date electrical code and safety information available.
Power Surges and Surge Protection
An increase in voltage that substantially exceeds the standard designated flow of electricity — 120 volts, may result in wiring overheats and burns. Surge Protection is a solution to keep equipment safe from damages. Many types of equipments have circuitry or microchips that are overly sensitive to fluctuations in voltage. A spike in voltage can be harmful to appliances and electrical devices in your home. What causes power surges? One of the widespread reasons for power surges is the operation of heavy duty electrical devices. Such electrical devices can create great demand for electricity, which may cause disruption of voltage constant flow.
Other reasons for power surges are:
• Faulty electrical wiring
• Down power lines
• Problems with utility company’s lines, transformers and other components
• Lighting may sometimes cause power surges.
Surge Protection Ratings
On a listed surge protector, you should find a couple of ratings. Look for:
• Clamping voltage: This tells you what voltage will cause the MOVs to conduct electricity to the ground line. A lower clamping voltage indicates better protection. There are three levels of protection in the UL rating — 330 V, 400 V and 500 V. Generally, a clamping voltage more than 400 V is too high.
• Energy absorption/dissipation: This rating, given in joules, tells you how much energy the surge protector can absorb before it fails. A higher number indicates greater protection. Look for a protector that is at least rated at 200 to 400 joules. For better protection, look for a rating of 600 joules or more.
• Response time: Surge protectors don’t kick in immediately; there is a very slight delay as they respond to the power surge. A longer response time tells you that your computer (or other equipment) will be exposed to the surge for a greater amount of time. Look for a surge protector that responds in less than one nanosecond.
Buying Surge Protectors
Look for simple surge protectors equipped with a breaker to trip the device. If you purchase one with an indicator light that can let you know it’s working properly.
Some other features to consider are:
• Automatic Warning Devices
• 3-Line Protection
• Power Shut Down Protection
• Resettable Circuit Breaker
• GFCI Protection
Specialized surge protectors also have other types of connection, such as USB or barrel connection.
Whole House Surge Protectors
A whole home surge protection ensures the protection of any device at your home. Just call us, and our electricians will install it. Smaller whole house surge protection should be used for delicate circuitry, telephone and cable lines, while the multi-outlet power strip surge protection should be used to absorb any excess power that seeps through the primary protection.
Dedicated circuits are required by the National Electrical Code. The code requires that every fixed appliance must be served by a separate, dedicated circuit, not shared by any other appliance. A dedicated circuit is a circuit that serves only that appliance. These appliances include refrigerators, freezers, electric range, electric water heaters, furnaces, washers, dryers, microwaves, dishwashers, and garbage disposals. No other appliances will be plugged into or utilize the energy from this circuit, making it “dedicated” to that single appliance. Dedicated circuits ensure major appliances that draw a lot of electrical current are able to access the energy they need without overloading your system, blowing a fuse or tripping a circuit breaker.
There are three types of circuits, the 15-amp circuits, the 20-amp and the 30 to 50 amp circuits.
Why are dedicated circuits important?
Dedicated circuits are important for keeping your appliances safe and for ensuring your safety. If you don’t have a dedicated circuit for your air conditioner, the electrical current may overheat your wire insulation and even cause a fire.
Dedicated circuits with incorrect wire size and insufficient amperage may result in overheat. Thus, you will need professionals to wire your appliances safely and properly. Trust us and you’ll never regret!
How to Check the Need for a dedicated circuit?
Constantly tripping breakers are the main indicators that you need to install a dedicated circuit. Appliances that need a dedicated circuit include:
• Electric ranges
• Wall ovens
• Garbage disposals
• Space heaters
• Heating and air conditioning units
• Water heaters
• Garage door openers
• Sump pumps
• Water pumps
• Central vacuums
• Whirlpools/Jacuzzis/hot tubs/saunas
• Blow dryers
• Specific areas of your home such as bathrooms, kitchen counter area, and garages
If you have issues with circuit breakers, don’t hesitate to contact Electric Zone professionals and we will handle the problem, ensuring the safety of your home and family.
Electrical Safety Inspections
Electrical safety inspections provide a thorough checkup of the whole electrical system of your home, business house or apartment, checking and insuring if the appliances are working properly and meet all the standards and requirements. The checkups include if electronic appliances and systems meet the National Electrical Code (NEC) that sets electrical code standards for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection to protect people and property from electrical risks and dangers. After electrical safety inspections completion Electric Zone professionals will provide a detailed report of the checkups that includes recommendations and improvements.
The Electrical Safety Foundation recommends electrical home inspections:
• When purchasing a home.
• When a home is 40 years or older.
• When adding an appliance.
• When a home has had a major renovation.
The main functions of electrical safety inspections are:
• Ensuring the safe operation of electrical components in your home or apartment.
• Identifying common electrical mistakes.
• Recognizing outdated wiring.
• Identifying electrical wiring and components that may have degraded over time.
• Spotting oversized fuses or breakers that could lead to fire.
• Allowing for the correction of fire and safety hazards.
• Helping you save energy and reduce costs.
• Meeting insurance risk assessment inspections requirements.
• Letting you know the electrical in a new home is safe before you purchase it.
An electrical home inspection from Electric Zone covers:
• Verification of proper light bulb wattage.
• Switch and wall outlet operation and condition.
• Shock or electrocution hazards.
• Verification arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are operating properly.
• A check of all safety and security lighting.
• Confirmation of grounding systems.
• Validation of appropriate surge protection.
• Verification of the proper placement of smoke detectors.
• Testing of smoke detectors.
• Testing of carbon monoxide detectors.
• Inspection of the electrical panel for appropriate labels, amps, and operation.
• An examination of outdoor electrical systems.
• A detailed, prioritized report on all areas of attention concerning the electrical system of your home.
If you need electrical home inspection, don’t hesitate to contact Electric Zone professionals and we will checkup the electrical system of your home, business house or apartment, ensuring the safety of your home and family.